Tuesday 15 January 2013

Exam time. Here we go!

In my glass: a starbucks hot chocolate with hazelnut syrup
From my iPod: I Knew You Were Trouble, by Taylor Swift
From my bookshelf: Hello? Exams?!! what do you think?
Outside: getting dark, cold, slush everywhere from the melted snow
My mood: far too calm and cheery for having an exam tomorrow.

So my first exam is tomorrow. I've been sitting in starbucks most of the day, studying anatomy. I found the library too stressful and loud, and got bored at home, so sitting downstairs in the tiny little starbucks in the shopping centre seemed a decent enough idea. I certainly feel much calmer, which seems to at least be helping slightly in getting the info into my head for a change.

The exam starts at 9am, so I've decided I'm going to aim to be there at 8.45 at the latest just incase something happens. you never know with the snow and slush at the moment. If I fall again (as I did the other day, and managed to pop the ganglion in my wrist in the process, which was very sore, but I'm thankful happened yesterday since it'll be easier to write now) , it'll probably take a lot longer to walk there. From what I've so far figured, it's a written theory exam first in the lecture hall, then a 50 minute practical exam. The practical exam should be alright, because it's meant to be similar to the tests we've have every two weeks since the start of term (which were very stressful at the time, but I am immensely glad of now).

On friday I have the molecular biology of the gene exam, which I think will be the hardest. Now, THAT one I'm worrying about.

I have physiology the thursday after, so I'm really not worrying about that at the moment. It's been easier than the other two all term, so I'm concentrating my efforts on the first two at the moment. Theres a whole week to worry about physiology after.

Anyway, gotta go. Starbucks'll probably be closing soon, and I gotta go get an extra pack of pens from WHSmith. see you soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment