Thursday 11 November 2010

Rememberance service

We had our school rememberance service today,so I see it fitting to mention the poem "For the Fallen" of which the ode of remembrance is read.

They went with songs to the battle,they were young.
Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow.
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
They fell with their faces to the foe.
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.

I hope you all had your 2 minutes silence today. If not please do so, and remember.

2 comments:

  1. Just thought I'd point out a typo in the first line in case you wanted to fix it, where it says "out" but I'm sure you meant "our". :)

    (I find that kind of thing in my own writing all the time and wonder if anyone else notices. I should do a blog entry rife with typos on purpose and see what comes of it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I fixed it. :) I feel better knowing I'm one typo down.

    ReplyDelete