Monday 23 September 2013

Hello again :)

Hello everyone. :) I know, it's been quiet around here lately. Times have been busy, but thats summer for you.

So, at the start of the summer, I went on a trip to Charlie McKerrons music week at Inshraich House (home of the insider festival). A whole week of playing fiddle after a stressful year where I barely played any was brilliant. A whole host of tunes that ill probably need to note down soon so I remember that I know them if I go looking for ceilidh tunes.

Then I went sailing with my uncle and spent some time with my second cousins. Most of our sailing time, we were in lasers (little one-man dingys for the non-sailers out there).
I was barely back a week before I was out with the OTC sailing club on a 42-footer, called East End Endeavour to earn our Competent Crew qualification.




Once that was over, again I was barely home long when I was off to Moscow with the combined SUOTC pipes and drums. That was great fun, but unfortunately I was I'll for most of the trip. I felt flu-y for the first five days or so, then I got a migraine for three days (great fun when you're surrounded by bright lights and loud music). So I was basically feeling better by the time the last day came along. In any case, the buildings were beautiful. Here's a picture of St. Basil's, just because it was really pretty, especially when it was lit up during the show in Red Square.










So now its fresher's week in Aberdeen again, my old flatmate is gone, and my new flatmate has arrived. It's beautifully sunny, so I'm making the most of it before tomorrows forecast rain.



See you all soon (hopefully). :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment