Saturday 25 May 2013

Taking a leaf out of the witches book

In my glass: jasmine green tea
From my iPod: Riders on the Storm, the Doors Concerto by Jaz Coleman and Kennedy
From my bookshelf: Anatomy
Outside: sunny
My mood: kinda lazy today. Must get going and tidy up the flat so I can get out the house and study in the sun
Today's hairstyle: loose at the moment, but think I might go for a half-up. Maybe a half-up beavertail.

So now I have a little time to relax and think again in between studying, I've been turning a little more back towards my pagan faith and all the other related stuff that goes with it.
Last weekend the Tai Chi club I'm a part of went away to a bothy near one of the many lochs in the highlands. It was probably one of the best decisions I've ever made, massively reducing my overall stress levels and making it easier to function on a whole.
Anyway, all the meditation and general body-mind-spirit stuff I was getting going made me realise I had truly missed all that which I used to do and learnt with my beliefs as a pagan.
So the other day, I made a decision. I decided to take a leaf out of the books of Wicca and witchcraft and note down the stuff I find important in a sort of equivalent to their Book of Shadows. I currently have two books started - one for my herbalism and one for meditation notes and general spirituality. The herbalism one is currently set out much like a guide, with instructions for brewing, ink making, producing ointments, teas etc., drying herbs and flowers, and so on, followed by a list of poisonous plants, and a guide on each of the plants and herbs I may use. I plan to add images and paintings to help identification. I'm also adding some recipes to the rear of the book. I have a feeling this book could expand into many volumes as my herbal knowledge increases, and I'm glad I'm writing it all down.
The Meditation one however, is more like a journal of my thoughts and experiences from my practice

Anyway, that's all I have for just now. I'm on the UK witchvox site, by the way, so if anyone else is over there, feel free to drop a note. Names still Tigereye :)

See you all soon. Xx

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment