Friday 10 May 2013

Last week of lectures

In my glass: coca cola
From my iPod: nothing
From my bookshelf: Energy For Life Uni work
Outside: sunny, but a bit windy
My mood: pretty good, but freaking about exams
Today's hairstyle: nautilus with 60th street fork

So as I sit here on the grass in the sunshine, before my last class of term, to the music of a guy playing his guitar and harmonica to the tune of some Scottish pieces I know, but can't remember the name of, I thought I'd update you on what's been going on this last while.
I'm freaking out about exams again. Less than two weeks to go til energy for life, which we are all worried about. It should be easy from what the lecturers are saying, but it seems to us like its going to be mega difficult. Only time, and plenty of revising, will tell. The problem is that when I get stressed I lose the motivation, and end up having to fight to make myself revise. Which is ok. I just wish it wasn't quite as hard to push myself to do it.

The weather on the other hand, has been great. We even went to the beach on Tuesday, had a game of football which left our feet bleeding from the rocks in the sand, and swam for a little bit in the sea (it was cold!). Yesterday, three of us went to Cosmos in Union Square for lunch, which was lovely. We plan, after the horrific Energy For Life Exam is over, to go out again to the beach, and swim if its sunny, then head to a Japanese restaurant for food. I spend too much money at exam time, but its worth it to have fun and de-stress a bit.
Plus, the Tai Chi club have their weekend away, where I plan to revise, in amongst periods of meditation, tai chi and whatever stuff we all decide to do. Should be good, and I bet I'll actually study better with a bit more meditation and tai chi to keep me going.
I also should have my driving theory next week, if I can get a hold of one of the staff sergeants to give me the address of the test centre I was booked into.
That's all for now. Gotta run to my tutorial


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment