Monday 29 October 2012

Nice and Chipper after a run

In my glass: Jasmine Tea
On my iPod: Tchaikosky's Nutcracker Suite
From my bookshelf: Again, Anatomy
Outside: Dark, chilly, great running weather as long as you stay to the lit roads
My mood: Optimistic

So its two days till Samhain (or Hallowe'en for the rest of you), and its a full moon tonight. I went out for my first run in ages under the moon (and the streetlights, too), and its made such a difference in how I feel. I forgot just how good running made you feel.
I got a new game called "Run, Zombies!" which you play just by running to pick up items for your base, and speeding up at times when there are "Zombies" after you. If you're caught, you lose the mission and have to restart. I'm not one for Zombies, but I'm quite enjoying it actually. I enjoy running anyway, but the game aspect makes it rather interesting.
I stopped by at Asda on the way home and picked up what seemed to be the only tin of black parade gloss shoe polish, and the only tube of Kiwi whitener in the whole city, as well as a nail brush for my spats (my old one went walkabout) and a couple of pumpkins.
Currently, the seeds are drying, ready to be roasted, One pumpkin has been chopped up and part has gone into the slow cooker for soup, and the rest in the fridge, perhaps for a pie. The other has been hollowed out and carved, ready for a candle in it.
Interestingly, the whole tradition of carving on pumpkins on Samhain comes from the time of the old Celtic religions, when they used to carve turnips (the idea of which begins in old Irish folklore). The Americans were the ones who started the carving of pumpkins, and in a way, I'm glad. Have any of you ever tried carving a turnip before? Yeah, unless you have a really, really sharp knife and lots of control, its a recipe for sliced fingers. I tried it once, but even with a razor sharp knife, it was difficult at best.
Oh, and I'm actually looking forward to band at OTC for the first time in months. No rhyme or reason as to why. I may very well be there all of three seconds before I change my mind again, but for now, I'm looking forward to things. Don't know why they decided to have mega tuesday on the last Tuesday of the month though, especially when we don't get paid until a mere two days after. But then again, like someone else pointed out, there was a time when people stayed out every Tuesday, so why the need for such a bigged-up event to get people out and about with each other for the night. Meh, what ever happened to doing it just for the sake of enjoying yourself?
I do need to get back to cleaning my spats on Wednesday (I say Wednesday  because tomorrow is going to be busy, and NaNo starts on Thursday. Yeesh, where did September go? Oh, yeah, I remember, it passed me by while I was either panicking about uni, or passing time on the sofa. No more. I plan to go to the OTC running club tomorrow, whether I want to or not (that is as long as it is on). Running seems to make a massive difference to my life.
On a different front, here I am, panicking about this anatomy assessment again tomorrow. *argh*. Which means I gotta get to bed so I'm up nice and early to walk to Foresterhill in the morning (and maybe do some last-minute revision on the brachal plexus nerves on the way..)

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment