Tuesday 8 October 2013

Back to craziness, and my 100th post

So life is getting busy already. The lectures this year are a lot harder to get a grasp of. So for now, its just slogging along. Unfortunately, I think it means that there may be no NaNo for me this year. No way am I going to able to keep up with uni if I'm distractied with trying to write a novel. But something has given me an idea. One of the girls I follow on YouTube is currently having a go at Vlogtober. Now thats a totally cool idea, but I don't have a vlog. No matter, though, because I have a blog instead. :) I might have a go in November (though it won't be vlogtober anymore, but hey). I figure it'll be slightly more possible than novel-writing will be. My only issue will be the days where I'm without internet, which is likely to be kind of frequent with all the remembrance/OTC stuff and National Youth Pipe Band of Scotland stuff going on in November, but I'm sure I'll manage.
That reminds me, the Youth Band have two major concerts coming up. If any of you are up in Aberdeen on the 24th November, or in Glasgow on the 30th, think about coming along, especially if you are into the scottish music scene. (Click on the cities for links to information about each concert.) Hope to see some of you there.


On a totally different track, this is my 100th post. Calls for a poem, I think.
One of my long-missing poems that have been recovered from my revived Webook account. :) The upside of going back a year later is that it gives you the perspective to edit properly.

A Peek Inside the Wandering Mind of a Girl in Physics Class

Gentle, damp
A Calm Lake in the eternal expanse of the thoughts.
White sun on blue sky,
If it could indeed be called that.
A breeze fighting with lightning past the horizon
I could roll my eyes at.
Colours everywhere.
Lilies on the lake edge,
Grape vines on pine trees,
Beds of unstinging nettles underfoot.

Birds!
Big, small
blue, yellow, red
Shooting around.
Wings resembling my own,
and the angels above
and the fallen in the lake below.
A rainbow thrown between fingertips,
Joining every presence.
Colour.
Beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment