Friday 28 June 2013

It's been a while (again)

In my glass: nothing
From my iPod: Blue Afternoon, Rachel Stevens
From my bookshelf: A Clash of Kings, by George R. R. Martin. - the second book of the Game of Thrones book series
Outside:fairly bright - waiting
My mood: ok
Today's hairstyle: nautilus with a Ketylo

Sorry guys. You know how it is. Uni has finished, and the weeks have been flying past.
For those who are wondering, I passed all my exams, and inside, my mind is running around screaming "YAY! NO MORE ANATOMY!!!" Never again. Ever. I cant deny its been useful, but for the next two years, I actually get to do a bit of what I came here to do in the first place - pharmacology. Finally.

So, onto other things. Turns out, the band isn't playing in Edinburgh at the Tattoo anymore. Damn. In any case, I may or may not be going on a trip away elsewhere in the start of September, depending of which of us three bass drummers that have put in for it gets selected - I doubt they would let all three of us go, since its just a select group of pipers and drummers going.

Part of the reason I've not been in touch is because of a tragedy involving one of my fellow musicians. One of the pipers I played with in the youth band for years passed away very recently, and its affected everyone in the band community since he was such a lovely person. I actually wrote a whole post on it, and it disappeared into the stratosphere somewhere when I tried to post it. It was too emotional to try again, so I just left it.

Tomorrow is the European Pipe Band Championships. Thinking it should be good fun. I can't believe we're in June already and I have only been to one, tiny competition. I think I'll miss the fun of the trip to Ireland, with it being in Forres this year, but I'm also glad I'm not spending two days travelling for the ten minutes each band plays for.

I can't decide if its a really bad thing that I'm starting to rather like my roommate for next year probably more than I should be for him being my roommate. Let me ponder it for a while?

Oh, and I'm doing the LHC summer swap again. I'm still collating stuff and waiting for other stuff to arrive before sending my gifted her present. I went over-budget a bit, but oh well.

I'm working on a few posts at the moment, but none of them are even close to being ready to post, mostly because I'm still trying to figure out my own points of view on the subjects. LHC debates are helping me somewhat come to a conclusion for some of them. I'll try to get some more posts to you soon.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment